Are you in need of an easy breakfast idea for on the go? I’ve got you covered on this one! This Easy Berry Yogurt Parfait tastes so good and it is sure to help you out on those mornings when you need something quick, filling, and satisfying. I’ve been loving it lately!
What’s great about this breakfast is everything can be prepared the night before in just about 5 minutes. It’s so easy to make and you only need a few ingredients. I like to make several of these at the beginning of the week and store them in mason jars. In less than 10 minutes I have breakfast ready for the week.
Although amazing all on its own, this yogurt parfait is even more delicious topped with my Easy and Healthy Homemade Granola. The granola adds extra sweetness and crunch that just takes it over the top. This is a perfect on the go breakfast! Try this Berry Yogurt Parfait out and let me know what you think.
Ingredients You Will Need For This Recipe:
1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
2 large fresh strawberries
1/4 cup of fresh blueberries
1/8 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 teaspoons of agave
Can I use regular yogurt?
You could use regular yogurt, instead of greek yogurt, but that will change the texture of this parfait completely. Greek yogurt gives a thicker consistency, while traditional yogurt is much thinner.
Can I use flavored Greek yogurt?
I wouldn’t recommend using flavored yogurt in this recipe. Not only will the end product be too sweet, but the taste of this parfait will change dramatically. If you can, stick to plain Greek yogurt.
Here’s How You Make This Berry Yogurt Parfait:
Defrost your frozen strawberries in the microwave, if they are not already defrosted.
Put fresh lemon juice in a bowl with your defrosted strawberries. Note: Do not discard any juice that is released from your strawberries.
Using the back of a fork mash your strawberries and lemon juice together until a paste forms. Set aside.
Chop your fresh strawberries into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
In another small bowl add your Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and agave. Mix well.
Top your strawberry paste with your Greek yogurt mixture
Top the yogurt mixture with your fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Enjoy right away or store in the refrigerator.
More Easy Recipes To Try:
Easy Berry Yogurt Parfait
- Plain Greek Yogurt- 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract- ¼ Teaspoon
- Agave- 2 Teaspoons
- Frozen Strawberries- ½ Cup
- Fresh Lemon Juice- 1/8 Teaspoon
- Fresh Strawberries- 2 Large
- Fresh Blueberries- ¼ Cup
- Step 1 If frozen strawberries are not defrosted already, defrost strawberries in microwave.
- Step 2 Put fresh lemon juice in bowl with defrosted strawberries (do not discard any liquid that comes from strawberries defrosting).
- Step 3 Mash defrosted strawberries very well with a fork until a chunky sauce forms, set aside
- Step 4 Chop fresh strawberries into small pieces, set aside.
- Step 5 In another small bowl mix yogurt with agave and vanilla, set aside.
- Step 6 Pour strawberry paste into the bottom of bowl or cup.
- Step 7 Top strawberry paste with yogurt mixture.
- Step 8 Top yogurt with fresh strawberries and blueberries.
- Step 9 Enjoy!
Want to remember this recipe? Save this post to your favorite Pinterest Board!