I don’t know about you, but for me sometimes it can be hard to come home after a long day and make dinner. It’s just so much easier (and tempting might I add) to order take-out.
I’m less likely to eat out, though, if I know that I can make something at home that won’t leave me in the kitchen for a long time. Are you like that too?
One of the meals that I have come up with that both me and my husband really enjoy is Turkey Chili. It tastes amazing and comes together in no time.
I love that this is also a dinner that I can feel good about eating. This chili uses basic, good for you, ingredients, most of which you may already have on hand. Another plus is that this recipe calls for ground turkey, which cuts down on the fat a lot, versus traditional chilis that typically use ground beef. Not only is this chili lighter, but it’s super quick to throw together and full of flavor.
If you are looking for an easy meal that is healthy and delicious, this is definitely a good recipe for you to try. Give it a shot and let me know what you think.
Ingredients You Will Need:
1.2 pounds of ground turkey
2 bell peppers (1 green and 1 red, totaling 2 1/2 cups)
1 cup of celery (about 2 small stalks)
3/4 cup of yellow onion (about 1 small onion)
14.5 ounces of diced tomatoes
16 ounces of plain tomato sauce
1/4 cup of chicken broth
15.5 ounce can of cannellini beans
3/4 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 1/2 tablespoons of avocado oil
1/2 teaspoon of coconut sugar
Salt & Pepper plus various seasonings (See recipe card below for seasoning specifics)
How To Make Turkey Chili:
Dice bell peppers, onion, and celery. Set aside.
Drain and rinse the cannellini beans. Set aside.
Heat a large pot on medium heat and add 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil. When your pot is hot, add your ground turkey.
Break your ground turkey up as it browns and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes until your turkey is mostly cooked through.
Add diced bell peppers, onions, and celery. Stir to combine. Cook 3-4 additional minutes until veggies are slightly softened.
Add in your minced garlic and stir to combine Let the garlic cook inside of the meat mixture for about 30 seconds. Be sure to stir the whole time so your garlic doesn’t burn.
After 30 seconds add in 1/2 teaspoon of salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, pepper, paprika, and coconut sugar. Mix well to combine and let your meat mixture continue to cook for an additional 30 seconds. Be sure to stir the whole time.
Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, canned tomatoes, and beans. Mix well, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. Be sure to stir occasionally.
Easy & Healthy Turkey Chili
- Ground Turkey-1.2 pounds
- Bell Peppers-2 ½ cups (1 green and 1 red)
- Celery-1 Cup (about 2 small stalks)
- Yellow Onion-3/4 Cup (about 1 small onion)
- Diced Tomatoes-1 14.5 oz Can
- Plain Tomato Sauce-1 16oz Can
- Chicken Broth-1/4 Cup
- Cannellini Beans-1 15.5oz Can
- Minced Garlic-3/4 Teaspoon
- Avocado oil(or any flavorless oil)-1 1/2 Tablespoons
- Chili Powder-2 3/4 Teaspoons
- Garlic Powder-1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Onion Powder-1 Teaspoon
- Cumin-1 3/4 Teaspoon
- Red Pepper Flakes-1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt-3/4 Teaspoon
- Pepper-1/8 Teaspoon
- Paprika -1/2 Teaspoon
- Coconut Sugar-1/2 Teaspoon
- Step 1 Dice bell peppers, onion, and celery, set aside
- Step 2 Drain and rinse cannellini beans, set aside
- Step 3 Place 1 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil into a large pot
- Step 4 Heat on medium until oil is hot then add ground turkey
- Step 5 Break up turkey and add 1/4 teaspoon of salt, cook 3-4 minutes until turkey is browned
- Step 6 Once turkey is browned add veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies are slightly softened
- Step 7 After letting veggies cook for 3-4 minutes add minced garlic + stir letting the garlic cook for 30 seconds
- Step 8 Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, pepper, paprika, and coconut sugar (or any sugar you choose) and cook for about 30 seconds constantly stirring then add tomato sauce, chicken broth, canned tomatoes and beans.
- Step 9 Mix well, cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally
- Step 10 Enjoy!
More Easy Dinner Recipes:
Want to remember this recipe? Save this post to your favorite Pinterest Board!