Breakfast seems to be the easiest meal to skip. Have you ever had one of those days where your alarm goes off, you hit the snooze button a couple of times, then you wake up, almost in a bit of a panic because you are now running late? You get dressed, rush out the door, arrive to work JUST in time… only get to your desk and your stomach starts growling? That’s the WORST. FEELING. EVER.
Something that I started doing was premaking breakfast sandwiches on the weekends just in case I’m short on time in the mornings. These have been a game-changer for me. They are really delicious. Both my husband and I love them, and they have become a staple in our house. I will usually make six of these at a time, and when I’m in a pinch (or just want a quick breakfast) I grab one out of the fridge and I’m on my merry way with a delicious breakfast.
They don’t take long to put together and are super easy to make. The best part is you only need a few ingredients: English muffins, deli turkey, cheese, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. That’s it. It doesn’t get much easier than that. Make a batch of these, stick them in your fridge and when you’re having a bit of a slower morning you’ll have breakfast in no time!
Ingredients You Will Need:
Deli Turkey (1/2 Pound)
6 Slices of Cheese
2 Tablespoons Of Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/8 Teaspoon of Salt
1/16 Teaspoon of Pepper
How To Make These Easy Breakfast Sandwiches:
In a large bowl add eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper. Using a whisk or a fork, combine all ingredients together well. Set aside.
Grease your ramekins, using non-stick cooking spray or your oil of choice.
Divide your egg mixture evenly between all six of your mini ramekins.
Place your ramekins in a 375-degree oven for 15-19 minutes.
When your eggs are done, take them out of the oven and let them cool slightly.
While your eggs are cooling, cut each English muffin in half.
Place 1/2 of a slice of cheese on the bottom of each English muffin.
Evenly divide your deli turkey and put an equal amount on top of the cheese.
Place an egg patty on top of the deli turkey, followed by another 1/2 slice of cheese, and the top half of the English muffin.
What if I don’t have mini ramekins? Can I still make this recipe?
Of course! I recommend the mini ramekins because they are easy to use and make perfectly round egg patties, but if you don’t have ramekins don’t sweat it. You can use a muffin tin. You may have to adjust the bake time slightly, but it will work just fine.
How should I serve these breakfast sandwiches?
If you are storing them for later, simply wrap the sandwiches individually in foil and store them in your refrigerator. If you are eating the sandwiches right away, you can pop each sandwich in the microwave for one minute to heat through. If you don’t have a microwave you can also wrap each sandwich in foil and put it in a 400-degree oven until the sandwich is heated through.
What type of English muffins should I use?
I’ve tried this recipe with a few different types of English muffins. My favorite for this recipe is multi-grain, but you could also use white. Both work well.
What type of Deli turkey should I use?
You could really use any type of turkey that you like, but I would highly recommend a honey glazed deli turkey if you can find it.
What cheese works best?
I recommend sliced sharp cheddar, but provolone and pepper jack work well too.
Easy Turkey, Egg, & Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- English Muffins- 6
- Deli Style Sharp Cheddar Cheese- 6 Slices
- Deli Turkey- ½ lb
- Eggs- 6
- Salt- 1/8 Teaspoon
- Pepper- 1/16 Teaspoon
- Almond Milk- 2 Tablespoons
- Nonstick Cooking Spray or 1 Teaspoon of oil
- Step 1 In a large bowl add eggs, almond milk, salt, and pepper and whisk well. Set aside.
- Step 2 Grease 6 mini ramekins well using non-stick cooking spray or 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Step 3 Divide the egg mixture evenly between the 6 ramekins or the 6 muffin pan slots. Place in a 375 degree oven for 15-19 minutes.
- Step 4 When eggs are done, remove from the oven and set aside.
- Step 5 Cut open each English muffin.
- Step 6 Place ½ slice of cheese on the bottom of each English muffin.
- Step 7 Evenly divide the turkey onto each English muffin.
- Step 8 Place one egg patty on top of the turkey.
- Step 9 Place the other ½ slice of cheese on top of the turkey.
- Step 10 Put the top on English muffin.
- Step 11 If you will be eating these sandwiches at a later time: wrap the sandwiches individually in foil and store in the refrigerator for later. If you will be serving these sandwiches immediately: warm each sandwich in the microwave or oven until turkey is heated through and the cheese is melted.
- Step 12 Enjoy!
More Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas:
Want to remember this recipe? Save this post to your favorite Pinterest Board!